5 reasons you are having a bad hair day everyday
A bad hair day can really set the tone for how we feel during our day. However, there are many reasons why they happen – avoidable ones.
Get Groomed eliminates the stressful travel to and from barber shops and every problem in between, by bringing specialized, professional barbering right to a client’s doorstep. Here we discuss 5 reasons you’re having a bad hair day everyday.
- Poor diet – Your diet is what keeps your hair follicles strong and healthy, therefore affecting the overall health of your hair.If your diet is lacking in vital nutrients and vitamins, this will result in dry and brittle hair. Skip the Saturday night McDonald’s and beers for more protein, iron and foods high in omega 3 fatty acids like spinach, eggs and fish, and you should start seeing an improvement in your hair’s behavior.
- Stress – Your hair follicles not only reveal whether you have a poor diet, but how stressed you are. This is because scientists have proven then cortisol, the hormone produced when your body’s under stress, shows up in our hair follicles when we are stressed. These raised cortisol levels are known to dry out hair, as well as potentially making it thin before it’s supposed to–learn to de-stress in your day and don’t let it give you bad hair!
- Washing hair everyday – Washing your hair with shampoo as part of your daily shower routine sounds like an essential step, but it isn’t. Each shampoo wash removes essential oils that are naturally produced to keep those locks healthy and strong. By stripping your hair of these oils, your hair is more likely to be brittle and dry. To help decrease your bad hair days, aim to wash your hair three times a week to allow your hair to maintain a healthy level of natural oil.
- Too much hot water – A steaming hot shower in the morning is pure bliss –but not for your hair! Steaming hot water has a way of draining hair of necessary moisture, moisture which contributes to your hair’s misbehavior. Intensive heat in a daily hair care routine also means you are more than likely causing some serious damage to your hair, and even burning it.
- Avoiding haircuts – If you don’t remember the last time you got your haircut, then you’re probably rocking split dry, misshaped hair with split ends; all of this results in your hair being harder to style.Trims make way for growth, and when our hair is healthier it is much easier for you to manage and style. For less bad hair days, make time for regular haircuts. If you’re too busy to go to the barbers regularly, mobile services like Get Groomed will come to you!
More on Get Groomed
A man needs to feel like his barber experience is a luxury, and not an inconvenience – and that’s where Get Groomed comes in: the perfect mobile barbering service tailored around the client’s schedule.
Get Groomed eliminates the stressful travel to and from barber shops and every problem in between. By bringing specialized, professional barbering right to a client’s doorstep, Get Groomed is ensuring that a client receives the finest grooming service available, in the comfort of their own home – or even their office or hotel room!
Get Groomed has access to a large team of professional mobile barbers who are well trained and vetted.
Leave a Comment
You need to log in to leave a comment