All the reasons why you should keep your beard
While it is common knowledge that beards can store bacteria, it is also known to be beneficial, like providing effective defense against the wind, chafing, and skin cancer. What criteria do you use to decide whether to let your beard grow or not?
The following is a list of reasons why keeping a beard is an advantage. Not only is it
there for the manly aesthetics, but indeed, it is also for your protection in various ways.
The Health Benefits of Beards
1. Skin can be shielded from sun damage by beards. Although the level of protection may vary depending on hair thickness, beards can assist in shielding the skin from damaging UV radiation. Although some UV rays do penetrate, there is some light distribution, which is how it guards against sun exposure.
2. It helps you stay warm. Your chin and neck can gain an additional level of protection from beards, keeping you warm in colder climates. Your face will be better protected from the elements if your beard is longer and fuller.
3. You get more attractive. Men with big beards may be seen as better fathers who could protect their children, while men with somewhat full beards are thought to be the most attractive and powerful men.
Common Problems for Beard Growers
It's not simple to grow a beard all the time. Additionally, if your beard is not well maintained, it may accumulate dirt and bacteria. You may occasionally develop dandruff and even yeast if you don't properly groom it. An antifungal shampoo might be a need if this happens.
Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Beard
- A beard can develop over the course of at least one month, so let it breathe and grow. If your facial hair seems a little unkempt during the growth process, brush it so all hair grows and behaves accordingly.
- Regularly wash your beard with a mild facial wash or a moisturizing shampoo. You can also use hair oils to achieve that soft and silky feel.
- Take care of your health. Stress, poor diet, and lack of sleep can contribute to the nourishment of your hair follicles.
- Groom regularly. Get the correct equipment to help you trim your beard. If you aren't entirely at ease using clippers, see your barber for a more put-together appearance.
Remember, looking good is never enough. Your health consideration should be as important, if not the most important, even in a situation when you have to take care of your beard.